Certificate Course on International Trade, Customs & Commercial Management
For any commercial importer VAT is a must and any mistake will result in big loss in business and long term hassle. Corporate Academy has designed this unique course to make the life of importers easy.
- Brief overview of the Importance of International Trade to the global economy.
- international and Regional Agreements Affecting Trade. The GATT and WTO, The Uruguay Round, and WTO. The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) & The European Union (EU), Regional Integration Agreements (RIAS)
- Export & Import Business Governance in Bangladesh by the Export Policy Order 2018-2021 and Import Policy Order 2015-2018.
- Incoterms and their necessity in international Trade & Commercial activities.
- Detailed discussion on Issuing Bank, Advising Bank, Confirming
Bank & negotiating Bank, lien Bank.
- Management and Mechanism for L/C, Master LC, Back to Back LC,
Transferable L/C, UPAS L/C , etc. Clean Payment, Advance & T/T Payment
- Discussion of different international payment methods, SWIFT code and other payment gateway and Risk in Foreign Trade.
- Basic knowledge about LCL & FCL Cargo, Feeder Vessel & Mother vessel
- Concept of Customs, its mission, and role.
- Impact of tariffs on the Bangladesh economy
- Organizational Structure of customs.
- Functions of customs and its judiciary.
- Customs act 1969 with SRO preparation and necessary amendment.
- Main features of customers act
- Introduction of Customs Act-1969
- Customs Assessment Procedure.
3. Provisional, Final & Re-assessment.
- Role of Customs to facilitate Import & Export.
- Various Duty Rates at Import Stage.
- IRC, ERC, IP, CP, PI,
- Export & Import Procedure
- Import and Export Policy Order
- C&F agents and their responsibilities
- Import banned items & Export banned items
- The definition, necessity and impact of HS CODE in international trade.
- Classification of Goods (H.S. Code)
- Significance of H.S. Code.
- General Rules for Interpretation (GRI).
- Incoterms in International Trade.
- Valuation of Goods (Import & Export).
- Calculation of Duty and Taxes.
- Case Study (Duty- Tax Calculation)
- Clear idea on WCO (Worlds customs Organization) concept
and instrument and RKC (Revised Kyoto Convention)
- Assessment of goods
- Role of Customs intelligence and investigation dept.
- PCA-Post clearance Audit
- Common offenses and penalties
- Adjudication procedure
- Appeal authority
- ADR (alternative dispute resolution
- Concept of warehouse and Bonded Warehouse System in BD.
- Supervised & Diplomatic Bonded Warehouse.
- General Bond & Special Bond.
- Home Consumption Bond.
- Deemed Exporter under Bond.
- Utilization Declaration (UD)
- Utilization Permission (UP)
- Bond License Rule.
- Untrue Statement (Misdeclaration).
- Fine and Penalties under Customs Act.
- Adjudication and Appeal
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Advance Ruling (AR).
- Authorized Economic Operator (AEO)
- In-Bond & Ex-Bond rules.
- Bond Warehouse Management (Recording/filing) process.
- Export, Direct Export & Deemed Export and their
- Export Sales Contract and Types of Latter of Credit and its area of
application in Export (Export LC or Master L/C, Back to Back L/C)
- Fundamental documents in Export management like PO, PI, Export LC,
BTB LC, CO, Commercial Invoice, Packing list, Mushak 6.3, Proceed
Realization Certificate (PRC)
- Essential Documents for Export Commercial like Export Permission (EXP),
Inspection Certificate (IC), Bill of Lading (BL) or Airway Bill, Bill of
- Payment terms against Sales against L/C (Document At sight & Deferred
Payment 60 Days, 90 Days, 120 Days, 150 Days & 180 Days Sight).
- Shipment against Direct Export, Foreign Export Documentation, Export
Bill Management (Document Negotiation/ Bill Discounting), and Export
Proceed realization procedure.
- Deemed Export (Local delivery of Goods or Service against Foreign
Export LC on Foreign Currency), It’s Documentation, Doc’s Acceptance
(Part Acceptance, Bank Acceptance), Payment collection on maturity
- Overview of Import, Import against Commercial IRC & Industrial
IRC and Import related commercial functions.
- Important clauses and precautions to be considered for opening an L/C
- Required Documents to open Import L/C. based on Price Quotation, PO,
PI, LC Application (LCA), Insurance cover note, LC amendment and
necessary consideration, Bill of Entry, and Bill of Export.
- Types of Import pricing like FOB, CFR, CIF, C&F Chittagong, etc and
- Brief discussion on different types of Payment against Import Bill like
UPAS, EDF, LATR, PAD, At Sight, Deferred Payment, and Working
- Import goods released after assessment and payment of Duties & Taxes
Shipping & Port Charges through C & F agent, Transport & Carriage In
A word, Goods receiving in Store through QC or MRR.
- Calculation of Landed Cost on Imported Items in the case of Single items
and More than one or Multi Items.
This Course Is Best For
✔Head of Sales ✔Import Export Executive, ✔Commercial Officer, ✔Executive director and CEO, ✔Production Officer, ✔CA & Law Firm, ✔Supply Chain Manager, ✔Supply Chain Executive, ✔Joint Director, ✔Logistics Manager, ✔Executive VAT, ✔Business Development Manager, ✔Finance Secretary, ✔Health and Safety Executive, ✔Head of Finance and Operations, ✔Business Owner, ✔Banker, ✔Advocate, ✔Income Tax Lawyer, ✔CA Students, ✔Business graduates, ✔LLB Students, ✔Deputy General Manager (DGM).